Wednesday 27 March 2019

ACHIEVEMENT -- 10


MUJAMIL BRINGS CREDIT TO THE NILGIRIS

P S SUNDAR

A Mujamil (21) of Boys’ Company area near Coonoor has brought laurels to The Nilgiris by annexing Gold in the Chief Minister’s trophy.

“I won Gold when I emerged as the topper in 800 metres race at state level contest held in Trichy”, he told me.

“I received the trophy and a cash award of ₹ one lakh from the Chief Minister”, he said.

“When I was a student at St Antony’s Higher Secondary School in Coonoor, I had won Gold in 800 metres and Silver in 1,500 metres at state level”,  recalled  Mujamil who is now studying for BA English Literature.

“I attribute my success to the high-altitude training received from my coach Mohammed Azarudeen because this training has given me the confidence to rise to senior level sporting competitions”, he said.


Mujamil (right) with his coach Mohammed Azarudeen.

 “In the CM Trophy event, he clocked 1:53:05 second which is rated among the best for the category and the age-group concerned”, said Azarudeen who is a certified coach of International Association of Athletic Federation. 

“We are working on further improving the clocking time so that he could produce medals at international events”, he added.

(response can also be sent to: pssundar.coonoro@gmail.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment